Voronezh State Agrarian University named after Emperor Peter the Great (Voronezh SAU) is one of the largest scientific educational centers of Central Chernozem Region. Originally it was founded in 1912 as an Agricultural Institute named after Emperor Peter the Great. In 1991 the institute was granted university status, and in 2010 was renamed into Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Education «Voronezh State Agrarian University named after emperor Peter the Great». Today Voronezh SAU is an active participant of the processes modernization of all the aspects of life of the Russian society. The foundation of VSAU success on teaching, educational, scientific and research work is the solidarity of his team around the glorious traditions of the university.
More than 120 thousand agricultural specialists have graduated from the University. Among the graduates are hundreds of professors and doctors, heads of the district, regional and national departments.
Since 2009, the University was certified Quality Management System (QMS) for compliance with the standard ISO 9001-2008. Every year, the University successfully passed surveillance audits of the system by the certification body of quality management NQA Russia (Tomsk). Voronezh State Agrarian University is the winner of the competition "Voronezh Quality" and "100 best goods of Russia". VSAU has seven faculties:
• The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Breeding
• The Faculty of Rural Engineering
• The Faculty of Agronomy, Agrochemistry and Ecology
• The Faculty of Land Survey
• The Faculty of Technology and Merchandizing
• The Faculty of Humanities and Law
• The Faculty of Economics.
Besides, it has 53 departments, 7 offices, educational, scientific and technological center "Agrotechnology", Botanical Garden n.a. B.A.Keller, Institute of Advanced Training and Professional Retraining, teaching and research departments, Expocentre, a network of 15 offices and 7 remote centers of distance learning technologies, 40 regional centers of pre-university training in Voronezh, Lipetsk, Rostov. Tambov regions and in the Republic of Crimea. The University cooperates with more than 120 partner agricultural companies and farms on which the students can do their practical work and where the scientific studies are conducted.
The University employs more than 1200 people, including 510 academic staff of which 81.5% have academic degrees and titles.
More than 14 thousands study on higher educational programs at the University.
Training at the University is carried out over 10 the integrated groups of professions, specialties and areas of training of professional education (18 areas of training of bachelors, 3 specialties of higher education, 8 areas of training of Magistrates, 10 of postgraduate study areas): Humanities, Education and Pedagogics, Economics and Management, Service Sector, Agriculture and Fisheries, and Land Surveying, Vehicles, Computer Science and Engineering, Technology of food products and consumer goods, Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering and Environmental Protection.
The University has a new campus "Yuzhny"with the dormitory for 600 seats and a modern sports complex with a sport complex and and a swimming pool .
The property of the University complex includes 64 objects of real estate with total area of 264.3 thousand sq.m.
The University is a largest scientific center of the Central Black Earth region. It employs 16 research schools in the field of agricultural (agronomic and zoo-technical fields), economic, biological, veterinary, engineering sciences.
The University has 5 dissertation councils for doctoral and PhD theses. Scientific Bulletin of the Voronezh State Agrarian University is a refereed publication of VAK and indexed in AGRIS system.
Traditionally, the university focuses on extracurricular work with the students. Youth Center, which included working student creative studios and Orthodox Youth Center is actively working at the university. Among the achievements in sport - the winners of the World Cup, the Russian champions, champions of the region and city. The team of the Voronezh State Agrarian University in recent years, consistently among the top three at the regional festival "Student Spring". KVN team of Voronezh State Agrarian University has the highest rating among university teams of the Voronezh region. Student labor groups always win in the regional and Russian competitions.
VSAU Folk Song and Dance Group "Chernozemochka" named after V. Solomakhin has celebrated its 50th anniversary. In recent years, VSAU Folk Song and Dance Group has toured successfully in the Voronezh region, other regions of Russia, took part in festivals and competitions in Chile, Cuba, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria, China, France, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Voronezh State Agrarian University is the leader among Russian Ministry of Agriculture universities in terms of international cooperation. Currently, the university has more than 200 foreign students from 16 countries. The University operates a Preparatory Division for foreign citizens.
MISSION OF VORONEZH SAU
Voronezh SAU has provided the basis for the development of higher education and a fundamental research system in the Voronezh region. The University is renowned for innovation in the fields of research and higher education. As a result, VSAU's scientific schools have won international recognition for their excellence. The University aims to respond in an effective manner to new and evolving scientific and educational challenges. It has concentrated its research efforts through the creation of large research institutes that focus on work in cutting-edge fields. The University endeavors to generate additional funding to support its educational and research activities.
VSAU is the centre of integration for the educational, scientific and cultural life of the region.
The University sees its mission as maintaining and strengthening the role of VSAU as one of the leading institutes of Russian higher education which is engaged in:
• the development of a knowledge and technology transfer culture common to all universities;
• making a significant contribution to the development of Russian education and participation in the efforts of Russia's universities to form an integrated system of higher education in Europe;
• active influence on socio-economic, cultural and ethic development of the Voronezh region.
To achieve the stated goals Voronezh SAU in the field of education:
• provides education on the basis of scientific research with the use of modern management and control systems which ensure the provision of high quality education;
• introduces new areas of training that meet the needs of a knowledge-based society through the education of qualified personnel, and develops programs of mass education;
• meets the requirements of individuals, the society and the State in a wide spectrum of basic and additional educational programs that are delivered in formats appropriate to different kinds of students and creates the conditions for life-long learning;
• encourages students to continuously update their knowledge, promotes their leadership qualities and aids students' development as highly cultured, socially active and well rounded people.
in the field of research:
• carries out wide ranging and interdisciplinary basic and applied research that builds up the University's overall potential and constitutes the basis for a high-quality education;
• creates the conditions for expanding and strengthening the scientific and pedagogical schools at UNN and for attracting talented young people, on a large scale, to research and education;
• provides training for highly qualified scientific staff through Masters and Doctoral programs;
• conducts evaluation and analytical activities in science and education;
• strengthens cooperation with research institutes at the Russian Academy of Sciences and industry research institutes; creates and develops research and educational centers;
• expands the infrastructure for innovation ensuring effective transfer of research-intensive technologies and the development of competitive products;
in the field of regional development:
• promotes social, economic, institutional and cultural development of the country and Voronezh region;
• cooperates with federal and regional government agencies;
• promotes the formation of high-tech sectors in the economy in the Federal District and in the Voronezh region through more dynamic transfer of research-intensive technologies and better integration with world high-tech industries in a manner that promotes external investment in the region;
• promotes social stability and an environment of mutual understanding and tolerance, supports ethical and cultural diversity in the multinational and multi-faith Black Earth Region and in the Voronezh region;
in the field of international relations:
• participates in the formation of the integrated European Higher Education Area and preserves the traditions of Eurasian cooperation;
• takes an active part in the formation of regional and international university networks;
• develops international cooperation in the field of science and high technologies and promotes new forms of interaction in high priority areas;
• establishes and nurtures a system of training for overseas undergraduate and post-graduate students within the framework of the Russian education system;
• takes an active part in the international cooperation programs of the Black Earth Region and in the Voronezh region.
To meet the above objectives of VSAU:
• develops its own structure and improves the management system, relying on the dynamic organization of its principal activities through a project-oriented approach and through integration with other educational and scientific establishments;
• expands its network of additional funding sources;
• develops the material and technical basis for educational and research work as well as the material infrastructure for supporting the social life of its employees and students;
• creates an information environment ensuring the formation of a highly developed information culture in the university community and outside it, and providing the basis for IT support of educational, research, administrative and managerial activities.